Monday, May 9, 2016

Rainy Monday

Had a wonderful weekend!

First, DD graduated from Zane State College with her Radiology Tech degree. Here are the girls from her group.

Courtney is the one on the left in the front row. 
 We decorated her cap. And had a great time with it! Mind you it took 4 hours...

The school knows her by her first name.
And here's a shot of the proud momma and poppa...


The graduation speakers tend to be long winded and we were feeling the pain. lol Actually, compared to Logan's graduation at KSU last winter...this went quickly. And the chairs were comfortable. 

Then later Saturday night I was inducted into Guernsey County, OH First and Pioneer Families. Meaning I was able to trace relatives to Guernsey County, OH prior to 1820 (First) and 1850 (Pioneer). 
Checking out my pins.

And I am still stitching. Remember when I said, "Arthritis be damned!"? Well, boy did it show me who was boss. Thumb pain won hands down. Compression gloves were purchased and worn. They helped, but rest was the solution. 


There are lots of black stitches that will make the finish a quick one. Then the framing. This one is going to be done by Crafty Ewe. Normally, I stretch and frame my own. But, I'm feeling plucky and want someone else to do this baby. 

Until next time....


5 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Thanks for sharing the photos! There's no doubt that Courtney belongs to you. You've nearly finished that wall-to-wal design; amazing! Congratulations for doing such a great job with your genealogy.

Unknown said...

I do agree, sometimes those speakers go on and on. How wonderful to trace your ancestors back. That is awesome. You have made such amazing progress on your WIP. I can't believe it is almost finished.

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations and best wishes to your daughter! Your WIP is looking good. Way to go on your genealogy induction.

paula said...

Congratulations on all of the fun stuff this weekend.

Maggee said...

Congrats to Courtney! And proud mom and dad! Then, congrats to you for being inducted into that society! I know some of my family was part of the Native Daughters of the Golden West (San Francisco), as I inherited some pins and such... but darned if I know exactly which one! It is my father's side, and they have been very elusive to trace! You have done an amazing amount on that HUGE piece! With arthritis even! Wow! It's gonna be quite a centerpiece! Hugs!