Thursday, June 13, 2013

Well, What Should My Excuse Be This Time?

Busy? The weather? Blame my lack of blogging on the kids, my mom, DH? Nope, it's all been me...oh, this other stuff helped but it's all me.

Can't remember another summer that has had me running around like this. But, I'm liking it and finding more life to me than sitting on the internet all the time. My apologies to all my friends on the net that I have been neglecting. I owe many emails some from probably a month ago!

But, first I would like to wish Dawn and Cathey both a very happy birthday - at this point they are both late! Hope you guys got your cards on time. And then Mary Jane and her hubby just celebrated their 41st anniversary this week! Seems to be a week of celebrating! Now next week I'll be the one celebrating - my 45th birthday. I just want to know one thing...when did that number get so dang BIG?!

I know I am getting older when I have the music playing and it's from the 80's and I know every song. Gotta love these music stations that play certain genres. But, Dire Straits?

What should I show first?? How about my niece and nephew?



Doesn't Garin just look ornery? This is from Memorial Day at the lake and then Alivia is playing in the drive earlier this week. Tried to get her to dunk her head in the puddle but she was having none of it. Although, her mommy did it when she was this age.

Stitching wise --- have two more tags complete. Not too happy with Sunday but it's better than the first attempt.



Must remember to use darker colors when doing the days and numbers. Now have 10 complete tags and am working on Easter Egg Hunt.

This week has found me lost on Kent State's campus. I NEED a map of that place next time. DS is not good at giving directions! Then yesterday found DD and I at the bridal shop. We got her altered dress and two of the girls dresses. Must confess I tried on one and found it too big! Woohoo. And no there wasn't a picture taken!

Seems I am back on the diet wagon. My doctor and I agreed I needed to get my s*** together and loose this weight. As of May 4th - I have lost 13 pounds! I am back to where I was last November when I gave up. With a few major differences. I am now on the treadmill 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes and every day on the stationary bike for at least 15 minutes. I am not judging myself by the number on that silly scale. And  this morning I was listing all the things to do and I wanted to get off the treadmill - told myself that I needed to take the 45 minutes for myself before doing for everyone else. And I listened! Ha, that explains the storms last night.

Ought to go change the washer and check the chicken thawing for dinner. How does bbq chicken and baked potatoes sound?

Hope everyone is enjoying the week - and has plans for the upcoming weekend.
Denise

9 comments:

Parsley said...

Seems summer is such a busy time for all. I'm just glad you are enjoying family and fun! Way to go on the weight loss. It's not easy.

Vickie said...

Denise! You are doing it! I am so proud of you. Hooray! Keep at it. Do NOT give up.

Denise said...

Good luck on the diet!!! It seems we have more in common, my son is getting married in July so I have been dieting so I could get in a dress and look presentable. I am down 22 pounds and a month to go.
Your stitching looks great also
Happy Stitching
Denise

Linda said...

Congrats on the tag finishes and weight loss Denise.

Linda

Catherine said...

Busy, busy lady!! Enjoy the ride ~ at least life isn't boring!

Poppypatchwork said...

Very busy lady, I am also struggling with my weight, it sticks harder at our age. Alivia has grown up so quick. Glad to see you are OK

Unknown said...

awesome news about your 13 - Great movement goals, that is what really works for me - the moving more.

My birthday is next week too - but I am hitting the Magical Mark of 60. All I can say is Life goes way too fast

Dawn said...

thank you for the card Denise and kindly reminding me that I am 9 days older than you! what a pal :)
YaY for you on the weight loss! Keep up the great work!

Mouse said...

seems to be the way for most of us at the moment ... mine also has to do with the fact i haven't my own computor any more .. *sigh .. well done on the weight loss ... need to lose a few myself ....
well done on getting the tags done too .... catch up with you again soon :) love mouse xxxxx