Monday, March 11, 2013

Oh My Goodness!

Before I get started explaining my panic I must say hello to all my newest followers! 
Waving hi from Ohio. 
Hope you enjoy the blog and my stitchiness. 
****************************

Okay, what has me in a panic this morning?? I received my SamSarah Perpetual Calendar charts, paper, tags, and calendar holder in today's mail. 


Such small little charts -- ha! Don't let this size fool you! These little things are 38 x 74 (2812 stitches per tag). Do I dare tell you how many stitches that is for the entire project?? Or should I let you do the math yourself?? Okay, I'll wait a few minutes while you break out the calculator.

Singing the Jeopardy song while I wait for you to come back. 
.
.
.

And the answer to the question of the day is... What is 134,976 stitches?
.
.
.
Yep, that crashing sound was my jaw falling to the floor. I had considered asking if each little tag should be considered a finish or should I wait and call each chart pack a finish or wait until the whole damn thing was done and call it one large finish. 

Just to see what a normal small piece stitched out to be I went to 123 and pulled up L*K's Liberty. That pattern is 52 x 53 or 2756 stitches and it's not solid stitching. Hmm...

And here's the thing...I'm now committed to doing this project. Can you imagine DH finding out I chickened out after I bought 7 months of patterns???? Oh good golly!  

Well, my mind has shut down and I need to go get groceries. Maybe after hearing your pep talks to me I will be able to mentally function again. 

Could someone pass a blood pressure cuff? 
Denise

19 comments:

Parsley said...

Just stitch one section a month...or not. ;-) Good golly, that's a massive time commitment but try not to stress. It's going to be so cute!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lot of stitches! I think you forget that there are a lot of small there's, twelve months to start with, seven days then all the individual numbers. I'd stitch the numbers first so you can start using it as a calendar then the days and finish up the months even if it take you a couple of years.
Or just send me the charts and we'll say no more about it (to either of our husbands LOL)

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

Denise, if there's anyone that can do this project well, it is you! GET GOING!

I must admit that after reading this post I am super relieved that I didn't join you and turn this into a stitch-a-long!

paula said...

This has me interested. Must Google the pattern so I can see what you are talking about and how it is displayed.

My vote, like it counts, . . every pack is a finish :)

Poppypatchwork said...

Go for it gal, I love stitching bigger projects, less to make up and there is more to get you going, and of course each one is a finish which will add up to one big finish.

Dawn said...

oh you can do it! as fast as you pump out the LK's, you'll be fine, just do one at a time and it'll be it's own accomplishment! Hugs

Melody said...

I'm stitching this one, too, and as daunting as it seems, these little buggers actually stitch up quite fast. I find when I get my newest charts in the mail, I can usually get 2 (sometimes 3) done in a week. Once you get the basic patterns down, it really is a breeze. And, by the way, I count each month (4 charts) as a finish, but I can see why you'd be tempted to count each one, lol!! Good Luck and I can't wait to see your progress :)

Sharon said...

It's such a great project, of course you can do it. Just take it one month at a time! Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one. I love Samsarah.

Linda said...

Go for it Denise. I know you can do it. I would count each one as a start and finish. Looking forward to seeing you work on them.

Linda

rosek1870 said...

Go for it. I would count each tag as a finish. You are such a fast stitcher you will be done in no time!! Cheering from the sidelines --
Hugs
Rose

Mouse said...

hahahahahah .... that's one heck of a stitch count ... personally I would work on one at a time and call it a finish ... go for it ... or give them to Jo ..lol love mouse xxxx

Angela CG said...

I have to agree that I would count each tag as a separate finish. I would also do the numbers first then the day of the week then the months, but that is just my opinion. I thougt about this one but couldn't make that commitment yet. Enjoy your stitching.

Chris said...

Breathe!! Just think how fabulous it will be, you will look at the finished project every day :) now..get stitching!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I'd count each tag as a mini-finish, each month as a big finish and the whole your as a BAP finish! I will enjoy watching your progress.

natalysneedle said...

I love this calendar and think the designs are so cute. I would probably start with the months and then proceed to the numbers and then the cute monthly designs. Since it's stitched on paper I find it to be easy stitching to tote around. Relax and Enjoy!
Happy Stitching!

Catherine said...

Wow! That is a lot of stitches!

Stress Less said...

You can do it and we'll be here cheering you on. I'm looking so forward to seeing the progress on this. Even considered buying it myself but so far I haven't....

Teresa said...

Thank of the joy each stitch will give you. By the end of the project you will be filled with so much joy.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Rita said...

Remember, one stitch at a time. Only count how many there are AFTER you finish them.

And, I'D count each little one as a finish.