Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Another Birdie Joins My Flock!

Seriously, are there a ton of bird patterns out on the market or have I just bought every one published??

My latest bird ~

Bird in Hand
Blackbird Designs
unknown 28ct linen
GAST Peacock
Didn't give it any thought beyond I want to finish it into a pin cushion, and I didn't pick out my backing fabric until after I finished. Then I took this picture without the backing fabric - so, here's my choice.


Since I was digging in my fabric drawer thought I would get the fabric for Yellow Bird. Then I came up against a decision - which one?


These two little finishes allow my mind to settle and return to my lighthouse. Never told you the details about the lighthouse - there are 65 pages to the pattern. Ten pages have about 500 stitches and 10 other pages have about 3000. But, the other 46 pages have 6319 stitches per page!

Here's my results on page 4 so far since the Olympics started ~


And here's the overall look (please excuse the wrinkles) ~


I get so warm while stitching this. The weight of the aida and then the stitching - it's like a blanket!

Today finds me still at home unable to go anywhere. My car needed new brakes and things kind of went downhill from there. So, it sits in the garage in pieces and I'm grounded. But, don't fret for me - if I can't go buy groceries - I don't have to make dinner! Yippee! See, there is always an upside!

Hope today finds you stitching!
Denise

10 comments:

Ranae said...

Lol, you crack me up :)
Yes! There are way to many pretty bird patterns out there and love the no car, no groceries, no dinner
You picked the perfect fabric for the birds, I love the light purple one
Wow good luck on lighthouse, that's lots and lots of stitches, but well worth the finished piece

Anonymous said...

I adore the birdies! Very fine choices for the backings too. Your lighthouse scene is coming along very nicely as well. LOL Optimism is lovely for getting out of making dinner. XP

paula said...

If I get a vote, I vote for the backing fabric in the top picture. If not, I still vote for that one . . lolol

Mouse said...

heheheh sooo what did you have for dinner ... a take away ???

love both birds :) and the light purple fabric is it for me for the bird in the hand one :)
hope your car gets sorted with out too much bother :)
love mouse xxxxx

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Both the birds are so pretty! I love those blues. That is a whole lot of stitches on the Lighthouse!! I just know it will be beautiful when finished!!

CalamityJr said...

Love both birds and the fabrics. I'm going with the majority here and saying the lighter one for the second finish. At first I liked the darker, then I enlarged the photo and decided the lighter pulls more of the wing into view - plus it keeps it from being too much like the first finish and it deserves its own glory!

Chris said...

I am loving the birds, you are on a roll with this design.
Your lighthouse is looking great too.
I hope that the car is fixed soon. Enjoy the time at home for now,sounds like a great reason to stitch :)

Teresa said...

Love the birds. The lighthouse is coming along nicely. Can't believe so many pages to the pattern.
I like the lighter material.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Catherine said...

Love, love, love birds! I like the lighter fabric for the backing.
On my gosh, that is one intense project! I'm gonna leave that one to you and cheer you on from the sidelines, okay?
Love your positive spin on your car and not being able to get out!

Maggee said...

Yes, there are OOODLES of birdie charts out there, and I thought I had them all. After seeing your BBD finish I went to pull my chart out only to find I did not have it! Sad face... I have Yellow Bird tho. Good luck with the Lighthouse. It will be gorgeous and quite a masterpiece when completed. Hugs!