Sunday, December 11, 2011

Another Finish!

I did it! I finished my 52nd piece...ha, one per week. Yeah, right.

Seaside Retreat
by Blackbird Designs
from A Stitcher's Journey
Lugana Whimsey
WDW Deep Sea

Last night the women of my dad's family got together. My one cousin's daughter and granddaughter were not able to make it. After meeting at my house and having sandwiches, we went to Roscoe Village for their candle lighting. A very memorable evening that I would like to repeat next year.

The candle lighting was inspiring. Although, the temperature could have been a few degrees warmer. :) I think last night's low was 17 (-8C). We got there and some had warmed cider while others went shopping. At last the ceremony started. Watching the flame travel from one to another and joining in singing Joy to the World was peaceful. Hearing all the voices rise up in song makes for goosebumps.

Here we are before the winter gear...

Back row - l to r - Tammy, Me, Keri, Alivia, Whitney
Front row - l to r - Courtney, Mom, Karen, Carol Sue
Bridget even stuck her nose in!
After we finished - I hit the shops too. Found a wonderful frame that said Merry Christmas with Santa and a snowman. Perfect frame for this picture. Ten minutes after getting home the picture was printed, framed, and on the counter!

Hope this weekend found you warm and safe!
Denise

14 comments:

Catherine said...

Love your finish! Isn't that a fun stitch!?!
Your evening out with the girls looks like so much fun - great picture!

Deborah said...

Beautiful finish.

stitchersanon said...

A lovely finish..well done xx

barbara said...

LOVE your finish! Congratulations!

Colleen said...

What a fun time with family and friends; wonderful memories. Love your stitching Seaside Retreat. I have the chart; now I really want to stitch it. Have a super week.

paula said...

You all must be cousins . . but, who is Carol Sue? She and your mom are the only ones who don't share a family resemblance.

It makes me homesick for my cousins in Gary. Before Gene and I got Black Friday shopping . . not to really buy anything, just to go out in the mess and have fun.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish. Lovely picture of your family. Sounds like you had a great night.

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on the finish ... I love that piece :) and how lovely to see you *waving to you all :) the service sounded lovely ... its great when you can sing by candle light :) love mouse xxx

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Hey, there you are,,,,,oh and, after thinking about it for a mano-second,,, Heck, I'd stitch with ya at a creek.
Be always in stitches.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely finish! I really like it. The candle lighting sounds like it was a great experience.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Shari said...

woohoo on another great finish..
oh how fun to get together like that...what memories!
the candle lighting sounds so fun...but the cold?! Not so much!

Pumpkin said...

Awesome!!!! Congratulations Denise :o) I LOVE this design!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

How cool! Love your finish too.

Jennifer

Lynn said...

Love your finish!
You can definitely see some family resemblances in that group. Sounds like you had a great time!