Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Having a Moment...

My baby boy is taking another step away from Mom. And yes, I am feeling rather blue about it. Not blue boohoo but just realizing the moment is here. Today is senior picture day. He has no interest in this and is ONLY complying because I have insisted. And I have promised dinner out afterwards. Food motivates him. lol


He told me some wonderful news last night  - he has been nominated for The Golden Key International Honour Society! Apparently he is in the top 15% of his college class! Can we all give him a big Woohoo! 


Now for the ironic part of this - his high school refuses to accept him into the National Honor Society. He ranks #5 in his class, has been to the Honor Banquet 3 times (having a year round GPA of over 3.5 - he's in his senior year and this isn't awarded until May), been in sports, and has done a few community service events. I could make a few observations here but I think I'll pass. 


On the stitching front -- I'm in sssssslllllllooooooowwwww motion. Finally realized why - I tend to stitch from the hours of 11-4. By that time I have showered, dressed, and done a few things to the house. Dinner is hours away and evening is for spending with DH. That's when I feel most comfortable stitching. But, DH's hours home are (wait for it) 11-4! His work hours are throwing my entire schedule off. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! lol


The weather is changing today and the wind is whistling outside. It sounds like winter. Brr! Not yet - I'm not ready! :(

Well, I should get moving. Things to do and all!
Denise


6 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

well, the fact that YOUR DH can pull a good stitch too is like having a foot in the door. Work around that schedule girl there is always time to watch the paint dry.....lol
Be always in stitches.

Mouse said...

ooo well done to DH and mmmm think someone needs a prod to get him that award don't you think??? sorry to hear your stitching schedule is all to pot .. wanna do a virtual stitch together see if that helps ??? and I still have to high light the text to see your writing :( ... love mouse xxxx

Poppypatchwork said...

It comes to us all, they grow up, I love to read how proud you are of him, it's not what you say but more the way to say things.
It's still warm herein UK xx

barbara said...

Your son's situation reminds me of some of the political, behind-the-scenes nonsense that went on when I was in high school. As the Valedictorian, a Who's-Who in American High Schools student, and much more I was not allowed to give the traditional graduation speech. Grrr. But it doesn't matter in the long run - we know ourselves what our achievements are. Congratulations to your son!!

Catherine said...

Windy and cold here today!
Congratulations to your son! As for the school, sounds like they are missing the grade where your son is concerned!!

Pumpkin said...

That's wonderful! Congrats to your DS. You should be one proud momma :o)