Friday, April 8, 2011

What was I thinking?

I wasn't - simple as that! I left my camera at home...

Yesterday I went out to lunch with a friend. Duh, in Amish country and never know what you may see. We had lunch at Miller's Restaurant and then stopped at the Baltic Mill. Angie decided she wanted to go to Farmerstown. Yep, that is the name of the town. Mind you we are DEEP into Amish country - there were no power lines. None as far as the eye can see.

We eventually came out at Keim Lumber. This place is so much more than a man's lumber store. I (very proud of myself) refrained from buying anything. Ang got a wind chime, bird house, and gloves.

Off we went again - this time we came across a railroad roundhouse. And it's not round?!??!! It's partially built and is going to be a stunner. We're not sure if it is a tourist attraction (it got our attention) or is really going to be used by Ohio Central Railroad.

The round house is why I'm going back out this weekend and get some pictures. I think you might enjoy seeing this thing. Never mind - I found a link! Go here. It will be a museum - are there any train aficionados out there?? You might want to head to Sugarcreek Ohio!

Waiting on DH to get home from work - and then it's dinner time. The boy is tying up the tv - him and some others on the xbox are trying for achievements.

Have an appointment next Wednesday - the orthopedist will be looking at my shoulders and back. Hope to get things straightened out. Tired of the pain. Has anyone had shoulder issues? Maybe you can email me and let me know what you went through so I have a clue. I know knees (not replacement) but nothing about shoulders.

It's the weekend - made it!
Denise

5 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

what a cool drive and some pretty amazing lives in Mennonite country. We have a huge Mennonite population about an hour away and it is amazing. Glad you had a nice time...
I don't know shoulders, sorry.
Be always in stitches.

Shari said...

oh goodness girl!! Must you show me MORE places in that area to visit??? We are going to need a month, not a couple days......
yes, go take pictures!!!!! I NEED to see pictures!!!

rosek1870 said...

Hi Denise - sorry I haven't emailed but life got in the way. I haven't gone for my shoulders yet but should as they are both really bothering me. Let me know how you make out. And thanks for the great link. My cousin and his son are really into trains. Good luck.
Rose

Poppypatchwork said...

Hope all goes well on Wednesday, no stitching, the sun is shinning here so day in the garden.

Pumpkin said...

That's usually the case with me...I go somewhere neat and forget my camera ;o) LOL!

I hope you get better results than I did.