Monday, August 2, 2010

Found a home for Bright Summer!

Yesterday was DH's "Happy Birthday Party Day". Yeah yeah, corny, I know. But, with him working 12 hour days - after work is just too late for him to eat cake and have a good dinner with family. So, yesterday the kids were here and my family stopped over. His dad happened to be here too. So, we sang to him and ate cupcakes. Later though, we made T-bones on the grill, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and rice. Yummy!

Now what does this have to do with Bright Summer? Mom was here. Courtney was showing Grandma her stitching and explaining all her stitchy things. When Courtney was done with her show and tell - I showed Mom my recent finishes. I told her that I didn't really care for Bright Summer since I finished it. The words weren't even out of my mouth and she was saying she would take it. I showed her Merry Winter. She loved it too. So, Mom will be getting these pieces when I finish them and get them framed.

That means she will probably get the Homespun Elegance I love Spring, Summer, and Fall that I have too. No, idea how I will finish those. I had considered pillows but, both my parents smoke and there are 2 cats and 1 dog in the house. Framing again - I guess.

After I finish with the patterns - maybe I should have my first giveaway. Don't get too excited though. This could take months. :(

Smiles - Denise

2 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I think it's sweet that everyone had the chance to celebrate together. Birthdays are meant to be spent with those you love. :)

Pumpkin said...

Glad to hear DH had a wonderful birthday. Mine did too ;o)

That's great! At least it will stay in the family :o)