Saturday, September 16, 2017

A Finish and Little Man

Sometimes life just keeps on marching regardless how much you'd like to step off the roller coaster. My weeks feel like they are slipping past me and I really need to slow down. Ok, I'm too young to be retired, but I have not had a 'job' in 6 1/2 years. And a person tends to get used to the no schedule thing. And now, I have a schedule...and I'm finding that I hate it! Literally, hate it.

Love being a grandma. This babysitting thing where you are scheduled though...not so much. But, it makes no sense for a 'real' babysitter to watch him for 3 1/2 hours between when she leaves for work and when he gets home. And I am a people pleaser...

And wanna hear another one where I make no sense? I stopped working on the lighthouse because all I was stitching was white. And it didn't show up. So, what do I pick up? A monochromatic piece. Duh!

But, it is finished and I have something to show off ~
E Pluribus Unum  by Heartstring Samplers
28ct Country Mocha Cashel
1795 Olde Blue floss by Victorian Motto Sampler
Kept thinking of Vonna while stitching this one. Wondered if it would make it into her Patriotic Room. The weird things we think of while stitching.

Little Man is just one day past 11 weeks already. And I have to ask how it is possible. Goodness, at his last check up - he weighed 12.5 pounds and was 24" long. He has to be over 13 pounds now and is growing like a bad weed!

When he smiles - he sticks out his tongue.
What a ham!
 And my 'little man' is 24! Again, what?!? He's now working a full-time job while taking his 2nd semester of his MLIS. (Master of Library and Information Science degree) He's preparing to take his GRE (I think it is called) again. So, more test prep courses and books. Next is a double Masters and his PhD. My boy wants to be a professor. And he has the drive. Let's see where it takes him.

All he wanted for his birthday was a new desk chair and books. My little nerd! 
Well folks, that's all there is to report from my little corner of the universe. Ohio State is playing today at 4:30 pm. Crossing my fingers that today's game is better than last week. The new offensive coordinator needs to tweak his plans...just a snooge!

Hope all is well in your corner of the universe --

4 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Lovely stitching, an adorable little man, and a handsome young man! Just watching script Ohio - fun to know we're watching the same thing!

gracie said...

The baby is adorable....I love not having a schedule anymore...

Robin in Virginia said...

Your grandson is adorable. Congratulations on your finish! I really like the blue you used. Happy birthday wishes to your son! I hope you have an enjoyable rest of the weekend.

Maggee said...

Haven't seen that piece stitched by anyone before you... very pretty. Mono blue is a WHOLE different ball of wax than white!! Sorry you have to babysit every day... but I totally understand when logic takes over sometimes. I took care of my first granddaughter a lot of the time, tho not on a regular basis. The 'little man' is a cutie!! Hugs!