Wednesday, August 2, 2017

August - Already?!?

I've been complaining to anyone who will listen and a few who were less than interested in listening - How in blue blazes is it already August?!? Wasn't Easter just a few weeks ago? And what is with all the 'back to school' tv ads? It can not be time for the kids to go back! They just got off for the summer!

Moving on with reality, not my version of what should be. Ha! I'm staying in my own little cocoon and playing by myself here. Let's not try to fool anyone.

Had a birthday in July, got some stash, Owen turned 1 month old, and I stitched! And unfortunately, I think that is about all that happened. Ok, I swam around in the pool, got groceries and cooked, and cleaned the house.

DH can't drive 55, but now he is 55. Which brings me right back to this...I met him in 1986...when he was 24. We married when he was 26. And now he's 55? Our son will be 24 next month. I still consider him a boy. When I met Rob at 24 - he was all man. Of course, I was 18 and 24 was old to me. But, Logan...why is he a boy to me? Ok, young man. Perception.

Is all of this wondering where time gone a sign of something? Impending old age, realization of time NOT standing still, what? Mid-life crisis? OH, mid-life crisis -- does this mean I get to buy something and be irresponsible? DH got a Harley. Do I get to spend that much? What should I get to do?

Sorry - back to Rob's 55th birthday. I got the wife of the year award for his present. He's been searching for a Diamond T pick-up. I not only found one - in the state and half the cost of what he had been looking for - but it was the correct thing. So, that was my present to him.

A complete rust bucket, but that smile is worth it all! 
And here he is on the actual day ~ 

That's Garin in the background - he'll be 11 in November!
Got some stash this week ~ 


Also snagged some needles and Thread Heaven
And Mr. Owen is one month ~ 


His t-shirt says, 'Always Hungry' 
Look at those eyes - they are that dark blue. He's growing so fast. I could be with him 24/7 and it not be enough time. 

And then I mentioned stitching. I completed pages 19 and 20. I've gotten a good start on page 21. 



When I complete pages 21-23 - then that row is done and back to the left of the picture. No more blue skies for me. The pages under the lighthouse are a mess. Water splashing, rocks, and confetti. But, it will have hit the half-way point! I mean come on - there are only 63 pages to this pattern. 

Until next time when I hope to have another page completion!





3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

How did Mr. Owen turn 1 month? Seems like yesterday you said he had arrived. Very nice birthday gift you gave your husband! Super progress on your WIP!

Maggee said...

There are ONLY 63 pages???!!! Wow! I just do not have the patience to stick with a project for that much time/work... good for you! What a really great present you got hubby! Wow! He will be your friend forever!! Owen is a real cutie! I know you are enjoying him... Hugs!

Anna van Schurman said...

Popping by late to say congratulations on the grandbaby! And thanks for posting those Val's Stuff patterns. I had seen them finished on Paulette's blog post about the Silver Needle, and didn't know who designed them. They're great!