Thursday, January 5, 2017

I Blame the Kindle...

Knock, knock, knock....is there any one there? Is this thing on? 
Hello...hello? Can you hear me now? Hello?

Well, like the title suggests...I have a kindle. And I use it for everything. And I rarely pick up the laptop. The kindle doesn't have an sd slot or a usb spot. No place to upload pictures. And well, I am old school about taking pictures with the tablet. I don't have a smart phone. So, that isn't my main camera.

Anyway, it's been a L..O..N..G.. time since I last posted anything. Although, I have been reading your blog posts daily. Yeah, I know, I never comment anymore either do I? And then I get on the laptop and it wants me to log in. Do you have any idea how long it has been since I logged into Google?!

Well, lots has happened since I last posted. Do you remember that I fell down and busted my arm? It's been 4 months ago. Had surgery in September and then went back under for them to bend and straighten the arm. Turns out. It's fine. It's my head refusing to allow me to relax and do what the arm needs to do. So....I continue to fight for each degree of motion I have.

Do you remember that I told you I was going to be a grandma? Well, things have been bumpy there too. Just a few days before I broke my arm...Courtney lost the baby. They had a few very difficult weeks and told us on Thanksgiving that she was pregnant again! Today she is 13 weeks and a day. This is how she announced it on Facebook.



Get this though, Courtney is named after my grandmother. Who's birthday is July 12, 1920. Courtney is due July 12, 2017. Crossing my fingers she delivers on her due date. Not a day early or a day late!

Let's see....Oh, Christmas. When last you heard - I was going to be making little snow hats for my tree, Um, no. My hand wasn't coordinated enough to do that. So, the tree was blue, white and silver. I loved it so much it was up until New Year's Day. Unheard of in this house!

Ignore the sweeper and base of the tree. 



Next year's tree is already planned and it will be icicles and snow flakes. Thank you Pinterest for that one!

And also thanks to Pinterest...I made these! The candy cane things. No idea what to call them, but difficult to cover and put away. No shelf is high enough and I don't want to take them apart.



We did manage to get our family photo this year. We've been slipping lately!


I want to know how the kids have gotten so old! And what's with all the white hair for Rob and I??

Oh, stitching....I have been doing a bit of that. Still on perforated paper, but I think I may be ready to go back to linen. Cross your fingers on that one.


I can't remember the designer name or the name of the pattern. I'm thinking 'Snow Juggle' is the pattern name. Too lazy to go find out. 

Oops...real life intrudes! Time to go make dinner. Homemade chicken noodle soup on a snowy day. What perfect timing. lol

Until next time!
Denise

7 comments:

Linda said...

Great post Denise. Love the snowman.

Linda

gracie said...

Hello Hello and yes I am still here! So happy to read a post from you. Sorry your arm is still giving you an issue, let's hope 2017 will get it all fixed. Don't be a stranger....

Karyn said...

Hi Denise, so good to see a post, we missed you!
I'm so sorry about the bumpy road for you, and will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
I love your Christmas tree and would have kept it up too...that blue and silver is gorgeous together.
I adore the announcement pic...too cute...congratulations to all and good thoughts for Courtney.
The family pic is great!
Stay warm and safe, and we will be here when you have time...and take care of that arm, I'm so sorry that it has been such a rough road to recovery.
Hugs

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy New Year, Denise! What a lovely tree and a fabulous family photo! Your snowman piece is a cute one. Thinking of you and yours!

Shebafudge said...

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I fell off the blogging wagon so missed your arm woes. Great news about the baby and that would be SO funny if Courtney did deliver on that date.

Justine said...

Congratulations to your daughter and her partner, fabulous news. I hope she has an easy pregnancy.
Sorry to hear about your arm - hope it heals soon.

Maggee said...

Sorry to hear your arm is not healed fully yet... You will learn to ease into the right positions to help it heal, I am sure! Congrats on the grandbaby-to-be! It would be great to have her born on Great Grandma's birth day! Loving that snowman... find the name for us!! Enable us! Ha!