Saturday, October 15, 2016

I'm Back!

Well, sort of...

July 4th Designed by Breanna Stewart
(Oldest daughter of Paulette Stewart of Plum Street Samplers)
I'm using perforated paper for this one. I can hold onto it better. This is 3 days worth of trying to stitch. 

Then there is this...


Can you tell it's a toboggan? Pinterest shows using a thinner yarn and now I know why. This yarn may be better for the yarn garland. It is so soft. I have no idea what it is..suppose the label would tell duh. Today though, I'm just running on fumes. 

This healing stuff is exhausting. Started therapy this week. Going up to 3x a week. My therapist has been terrific. I've been to some that seemed to think their job was to hurt me. Terri has said more than once, "Being uncomfortable is good, pain is not." She expects you to try your darnest, but understands how quickly you tire. And she gives a wonderful massage. 

But, being that it is Sweetest Day, I'm really trying to help Rob with the housework today. On load 2 of laundry and I washed a whole 9 glasses and some silverware. Isn't much, but it's way more than normal. Plus, I washed my hair today too. I know, I know, big deal. But, it really is a big deal to me. 

Well, the Clemson game is over and OSU doesn't start until 8p. Think I'll try to stitch on the porch. 
Here's to everyone having a wonderful weekend!


6 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Wow! I know you may not see that stitching as huge progress for 3 days labor, but considering that you're pretty much one-handed, I think it's amazing! Yay for you! I'm also sure that Rob appreciates your help, but please don't try to do everything in one day.

The yarn is beautiful and even looks soft in the photo. If I'm honest, though, instead of a tobaggan I see a Pom-Pom beanie, but I think that's just because of the angle that you're holding it and the breezy weather we're having today.

Enjoy the game. Go, Buckeyes!

gracie said...

Glad you are getting stronger and hopefully feeling better each day

Robin in Virginia said...

I really like the 4th of July piece you are working on. I think you have made good progress with it. Good for you at helping Rob out; I am sure he appreciates your efforts. Glad to hear you are healing and your hand is getting stronger.

paula said...

YAH ! ! ! !Your body is starting to let you use it again :)

Maggee said...

Baby steps! And you will get there! ANY stitching is great! Hugs!

Von said...

Small progress is still progress! Great job on your project. Really enjoyed watching the OSU game this weekend. :)