Friday, June 27, 2014

Ha, Two Posts in One Month!

We're on a roll now!

What's happened to me? I used to post twice a week. Now, it's twice a month and I'm thrilled to get that. It's not that I am working, have small children, or really anything pressing my time. Should we go with laziness? Do I want to admit that? Nah, denial is a wonderful place to live. 

So, in the last three weeks - I've stitched on my lighthouse


(my last picture - so, there is progress!)


Had a birthday - 

Chocolate Turtle Cake from Michelangelo's Bakery
Played with the kids -

Garin is 7 and Alivia will be 4 in August

Bryce is 7 months! 

And attended a memorial celebration for my father-in-law -

DH - Rob, his cousin Duane, and Uncles Lawrence, Tim, and Ron
(Please note - they all have the exact same nose!)
The other day I blew 2-3 hours just editing photos I've taken since Thanksgiving 2013. I moved over 1500 to my external hard drive. Way too many grave stone pictures. Thank goodness I won't be printing those. But, I think I have easily 400 pictures to print. Shoot, there are 234 just from our anniversary trip. Maybe I should scale them back a bit...

Rob and I have a new niece - actually our first great-niece. We have two great-nephews already. Haven't gotten to see her yet and the photos I've been sent are a bit bleary. So, hopefully I will get a good shot soon. 

Logan just sent me a link he found for pizza rolls. Sounds like something I might make for the 4th. 

Here's the recipe - 

Frozen bread dough *homemade is fine as well*
Pepperoni
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Olive oil
Italian seasoning
1/4 cup tomato sauce (Optional)
Directions:

 -Loosely cover the frozen bread dough with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to thaw for a few hours at room temperature. When the dough is completely thawed it will be slightly puffed up.
Here’s a tip: Spray the plastic wrap with cooking oil, or brush it with cooking oil and lay it, oiled side down on the bread dough. This allows the bread dough to rise and move easily under the plastic wrap without it sticking or holding back the dough.
- Roll dough out to an approximately 11 x 11 inch square. One frozen dough log makes one pepperoni roll.
- Brush dough with olive oil or whatever cooking oil you prefer. Lay pepperoni on the dough covering entire surface. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Next, sprinkle it with shredded Parmesan cheese and lightly sprinkle it with Italian seasoning. Add a sprinkling of garlic salt (optional).
- Roll up the dough starting at one edge of the square.
- Place rolls on baking sheet, leaving space between them if you are making more than one roll. Brush some melted butter on top of the uncooked pepperoni roll(s).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 15 to 25 minutes. Oven temperatures and times may vary. When done, the top of the rolls should be golden brown and you should be able to make a tapping sound on the crust with your fingernail (the same as when baking bread).
Make sure you allow your pepperoni roll to cool completely before slicing and serving it.

I think I may have to add pizza sauce inside instead of dipping them. Although, it may get messy too. Things to ponder. My sister just told me not to add the sauce inside - it causes the dough to be soggy. 

Well, time to get off here and start the laundry. Had to dry after my shower this morning with a hand towel. Definitely time to do the laundry. 

Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!
Denise 





8 comments:

paula said...

It's funny . . same nose on different body types :)

My s-i-l and her brothers have the same nose and so do three of her four children . . LOVE it when a gene is that strong :)

The lighthouse is coming right along.

Linda said...

Great progress Denise. Cute family pics.

Linda

Rita said...

Beautiful progress on your lighthouse.

Happy birthday!

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Robin said...

Enjoyed the catch up post right down to drying with the hand towel!

Barb said...

It sounds like life has kept you very busy!

Marilyn said...

Great progress on such an intense piece.
The Pizza Rolls sound good.
Marilyn

Annie said...

Great progress on your stitching! Happy belated birthday:)
Those kids sure are adorable!

Maggee said...

Considering that you are fairly new to genealogy, methinks you HAVE got too many pictures! Good progress on the lighthouse, considering your schedule of busyness! Hugs!