Saturday, June 23, 2012

What I've Been Doing

Hello everyone! Hope this bright beautiful Saturday finds you catching a moment to stitch. The weather in Ohio is fabulous and I should be outside enjoying it.

Would like to thank every one for their birthday wishes/cards/emails! Made my 44th birthday a very touching one.

On Monday I purchased a few things from 123Stitch and received them the other day. Don't know how they do it - but their things always arrive so promptly.


The floss is for the project I'm working on today. I couldn't find the conversions for the silk in Jingle all the Way. Figured I'd have the needed floss. :( - I don't. And I can't find a conversion for the color Cayenne by Crescent Color into DMC or another hand dye. Does anyone have a skein of Cayenne that they can color match for me and let me know? Or, if you have a conversion chart you could send me to. I have found many charts out here on the web but the color cayenne isn't on them.

And if I could pick your brain a bit more -- it also calls for Swamp linen by Colorscapes. Is that close to Copper Penny? I called my LNS and they didn't have any Swamp to compare.

I've been working on this ~

Liberty 1776
by LHN
30ct Cocoa linen
Recommended hand dye flosses
The fabric looks a bit washed out in the picture - sorry. The contrast between Straw Bonnet and the Cocoa looks amazing.

Just an update - feeling much better and my knee (knocking on wood) is feeling better than it has in months! Woohoo! Chris mentioned I maybe should only talk about things I've done instead of my plans. Excellent advice that I'm ignoring once again.

Why?? Because my daughter and son-in-love are taking DH and I out to dinner tonight! It is our belated Mother's and Father's Day gift. How can a steak house be a mistake for a gift? It's not in my book. The boy is tagging along. He had made plans for this evening and when reminded about us going out -- those plans were amended in a heartbeat!

Switching topics - I try not to mention current news too much on here. But, I have to say the jury got it right last night. Let the healing begin.

Well, I'm off to stitch a bit more before getting ready for dinner.
Happy Stitching ~
Denise

7 comments:

Mouse said...

oooo love that jingle all the way chart .... can't help with the conversions or the colour of fabbie sorry ....
enjoy your night out :) love mouse xxxx

Tracey said...

Happy Belated BD... glad to hear it was a good one!

Enjoy your new STASH :-) I wish I could help with some of those conversions... there has to be someone out there who can give you some ideas.

Have a wonderful dinner with your family!

Chris said...

Hoping that your night out is fabulous! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Wonderful new stash and I love your current stitching project :)

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

off the top I would guess 3857 dmc but that's just a guess,

http://www.needlestack.com/WebStore/Thread/CrescentColors_Floss.html

have a great dinner and even a better time
OOTFPS
as always

Unknown said...

I love so much the Lizzie Kate !!!

Mindi said...

Nice new stash, and I love the project you're currently working on. I'm going to have to check that one out.

Catherine said...

Great goodies and stitches! Glad to hear your knee is feeling better.