Friday, June 8, 2012

Not 1, 2, or 3, but 4 Finishes!

Yes, I said I have FOUR finishes to show!

Wednesday afternoon found me finishing 'A Day at the Beach'.

A Day at the Beach
by Country Cottage Needleworks

Once I finished 'A Day at the Beach' I decided I better pick up Red Birds and get it done before the holidays found me wishing I had gotten busy this summer. Last night I was down to the white - one color left. This afternoon I had another finish!

Red Birds
by Marie Barber
 I decided my two patriotic pillows looked lonely on my bookshelves and I needed to get some done. With that in mind I shopped my stash and found this little freebie.

Liberty
by Lizzie Kate
And I also found this one. I did a little trade with the charms. The sterling flag should have gone on Hooray but I liked it better on Liberty. Both patterns called for the same charm and the star charms looked better to me on Hooray. By the time it becomes a pillow that star may still come off.

Hooray for the USA
by Lizzie Kate
Tomorrow finds me pulling threads for this. But first, I have a million bobbins to put back in the boxes. I have a bad habit that I'll pull the floss for a project but I don't put it away immediately. It piles in my drawer until I have to fish through it for another project.

Went to a coach pitch baseball game this evening. I had forgotten until tonight how much I love baseball. My nephews (my husband's step sisters boys) are great players. It may be near the end of the season but I hope to go see them play again next week. Maybe I'll remember my camera and show you some action shots!

This weekend is to be blazing hot. Both DH and Logan are working all weekend - what should I do?? Gonna have to give it some thought.

Hope you find something wonderful to do!
Denise

29 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a lot of wonderful crossstitch to dothis week-end ! I hope I will found the time to do this !
I love your small patriotic finish !

have a great w-end too !

Grit said...

Hallo Denise,
sehr schön sind Deine Stickereien geworden.
Mir gefällt besonders das Vogelmotiv.
Beautiful!!!!
Liebe Grüße Grit

Lesleyanne said...

All of your finishes are gorgeous. Have a great weekend.

twinpeakprimitives said...

I do congratulate you for the finishing of such wonderful works.

First beauty "A day at the beach" brought summer breeze up here!

Second beauty"Red Birds" is stunning. I admire this work too much!

"Liberty" and "Hooray for USA" are so cute.

Over all "Bravo" Denise, you deserve every nice comments for your stitching effort!

A great weekend to you too....

Cath said...

Gorgeous finishes ,especially red birds.
Enjoy some me time this weekend .X

Chris said...

Wow Denise!! Congratulations on 2 beautiful finishes! I am loving the 2 patriotic pieces too. Your are on fire!
Try and stay cool this weekend :)

Manuela said...

Your finishes are so beautiful.
Have a nice Weekend.

Greetings Manuela

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

oh have I an idea for you,,,,,fill out that darn paper work! or put your bobbins away,(I do the same thing) Love the finishes and what a productive week you have had. wooo hooo
As always
xxx/'

Maggee said...

Oh my! Red Birds finished! And what a great piece!! I just saw a cardinal in my backyard a minute ago! Such a wonderful piece, as is the Beach. I look forward to seeing the patriotic pillows! I have to finish my current project today so I can start some patriotics--I get so inspired reading blogs! Hugs!

rosek1870 said...

Oh I love them all!! The Red Birds are amazing!! I know yyou will enjoy them come Christmas. I LOVE the Day at the Beach. I think I may have to get that one as it would go perfectly in my new bathroom! (It's almost done) Today we are finishing up the spackeling, put up the wainscoat and paint next. Good Luck with your new start. I can't wait to see it.

hugs
Rose

Rita said...

Wow! All 4 of your finishes look great.

Deborah said...

Your needle has been on fire. Great finishes. The red birds is beautiful. Congrats.

Tracey said...

Awesome finishes, Denise!! You have been busy :-)
I still haven't started my red birds... stitching seems to take a back seat this time of year since I love to be out in the gardens too!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Wow - what wonderful finishes! Great job.

Shari said...

congrats on the finishes...
they all look great....
I think you found your stitching time again

Linda said...

Wow Denise. Congrats on all 4 finishes. They turned out great and I love them all. Good job.

Linda

barbara said...

Wow, what productivity!

Anne said...

Wow!!! Great BIG Happy Dance for you Denise!!! Red Birds is stunning and will look amazing framed! The Day at the beach is cute too!! Sweet little Lizzie Kate's!!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on all of your finishes! I really love the red birds. Can you tell me where I can find the pattern and how big it actually is? My aunt loves cardinals and it might be a good project to give to her.

Catherine said...

Wow!! You have been busy!
A Day at the Beach ~ how perfect for the season, as are Liberty and Hooray!
Red Birds is simply stunning! I'm sure the picture does not even come close to doing this justice!!
Congrats on your finishes!!

Mouse said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo see this mouse wiggle dance at all your gorgeous finishes ... like the way you have changed the buttons round too ...look better that way methinks as well ....
love the day at the beach on and your birds look fab too :)
and like the new one you are going to do too :)
hope you got your floss sorted out coz then you can come and help me do mine heheheh :)
love mouse xxxxx

Marnie said...

Wow! They all are fantastic but I adore the cardinals!! They are devine! Great job on everything.

Carol said...

You go girl!! I love them all...can't believe the detail in Red Birs! Really, really stunning piece.

Hope you've found something fun to keep you busy this weekend!

Karen said...

Great finishes! Happy stitching on your new one too...

Unknown said...

All of your finishes look great!!!! A Day at the Beach is my absolute favorite!!!

Mindi said...

Wow! Not just one finish, or even 2, but 4!!! All of them are fabulous, great job.

Veronica said...

Four finishes? You go, girl! Red birds is so pretty. The colours are amazing! Cute patriotic projects too. Love CCN designs. They're always lovely.

Hugs,
Veronica.

valerie said...

Wow, you've been busy! Congrats on all your finishes! I am just in love with red birds. It was wonderful to see it grow from the beginning!

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Your Red birds are so pretty. I am looking forward to finishing mine as I collect cardinals and have a place for the piece to hang.