Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Random Thoughts Survey

Mary over at Neat and Tidy got tagged for a survey. After reading her answers - I decided to throw my answers out to the web.

1) Did you pick your blog name for any special reason?
I sat here with blogger up and my mind grinding. I drifted off in thought and started looking at the river.  Just couldn't think of anything better than Riverside Stitching. I had seen Lee's blog at this point and knew she was Lake Stitcher so I figured I could be Riverside.
2) How long have you been blogging and why did you start blogging?
Just had my 2nd blogversary last month. I had heard of blogging and knew nothing about it. I googled  stitching blogs and Spinster Stitcher popped up. Coni has a wicked sense of humor and I was hooked by her blog immediately. So much so that within a few days I had read all of her posts and wanted to blog too.
3) What's your favorite dessert?
Chocolate. And white chocolate is not chocolate to me. It can be a cake, pie, candy, brownie, ice cream - I'm not picky when it comes to preparation.
4) Coffee or Tea?
Neither. I've drank exactly 3 cups of coffee in my life. Way back when - I happened to partake in a few (ha) too many adult beverages. We were at a wedding reception and my best friend tried to sober me up. This was a Saturday evening - I didn't become aware of my surroundings until Monday afternoon. Yeah, and Dad thought I had the flu. Really??
5) What's one thing on your bucket list?
I would love to go to British Columbia to the Wickaninnish Inn. I've seen the Inn on a travel show and again in some magazine. I went so far as to tear the article from the magazine. DH wants to go there for our 25th anniversary in December 2013. Who am I to say no??
6) Your last wonderful book you read?
Dandelion Summer by Lisa Wingate. I guess the book hit a cord with me because the main character felt he was done with life and he didn't know what his purpose was anymore. I'm there - my children are basically grown and don't need 'mommy' anymore. I've retired from my job. I feel restless and wonder what is in store for my future.
7) Do you have time for your nails? 
Time yes - inclination no. Love my nails to be done but when they come off - I hate the way they feel. They are grown to a manageable length and I do have some polish on them. I don't wear gloves when digging dirt or painting. Not high maintenance at all.

Like Mary I could tag more bloggers but I'll let you decide if you would like to do this. Let me know - I'd love to see your answers.

My son was inducted in the the National Honor Society this evening. It was a proud moment to stand there as a former member watching my boy become a new member.

A bit tired tonight. But need to stay up or I won't be able to sleep. Guess that's why I am a little retrospective tonight.
Denise

7 comments:

Chris said...

great post Denise! It is great to learn more about everyone.

Catherine said...

Congrats to your son!

CalamityJr said...

Trust me - you'll always be needed! Those wings may fly further from home than before, but they'll still return to the roost. It may be with a problem that needs some help in solving, or a request for a favorite dish that they just can't make the way you do, or just because it's true that there's no place like home and we need some things that never change, and that means MOM.

Ahh, memories. I'd forgotten that when Jen was inducted into the NHS I gave her my key from a zillion years ago. Thanks for taking me back to her memories and mine!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great idea for a blog post and so interesting to hear more about you.
I read question 6 with interest as I am still at the beginning of my child-rearing years (9 year and 3 year old) and those child-free days are many years away. Then I saw your profile and realised you're younger than I am!!!
You must do what I did during my 20s and 30s - whatever you want - go to retreats, holidays, mad nights out at concerts etc. And wait for the grandchildren to arrive...

milly said...

Hello Denise

I really enjoyed your post today!
It's lovely to learn more about fellow bloggers. Loved your answers and I'm sure you'll always be needed by your family.
Congrats to your son!

Nurdan said...

It' s a very enjoyable post and congrats to your son.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Michele said...

Great Idea...am going to post mine now.