Saturday, May 26, 2012

Another Finish!

Yesterday I showed you this finish - today I show you it is now a pillow. I love pillows - such a quick easy way to go!  


This morning I was able to finish my second start of the week. I happened to have this frame sitting around and it fit perfectly. Yippee!

Blossoms and Blackbirds
by LHN
Country French Cashmere - 28ct
DMC floss
Decided to start another patriotic pattern this afternoon. It also will be finished into a pillow. It happens to be a pattern I picked up for my upcoming give away. Since I was digging around in the goody bag I decided to add more patterns - lucky you. 

Tonight finds me having steak for dinner. When I quit UPS last December a friend there gave me a gift certificate for Omaha Steaks. I finally ordered them before Mother's Day thinking they would make a wonderful dinner. That got put on hold because we were remodeling. Now, finally, I get my steak dinner. Yummy! 

Time to go stitch - I am so glad I have my mojo back. Still not overly interested in working on Red Birds. But, the designer did ask me to send her a picture when I finished. 

Hope today finds you pulling a stitch or two!
Denise

18 comments:

Anne said...

Lovely finishes Denise!! I really love that Blackbirds one! Super cute!!!

Lesleyanne said...

Two gorgeous finishes.

Shari said...

two very nice finishes....the birds look great in the frame!!
Enjoy your steak!! Sounds yummy!!! You deserve a break after all you have been thru!

dulcinella said...

Beautiful stitching! Just thought i'd mention: I cannot read your blog on my iPad. I can read what you wrote by google reader, but not on your blog. Maybe you can ask if other people have the same problem. Just thought you'd like to know.

paula said...

It must be in the air . . I got my mojo back to work on my Babette blanket for my great niece/ Good thing, we leave June 13 to visit her . . hope she is born by then . . lolol

Deborah said...

Great finishes! Isn't it great when you find that you have a frame that works?!

Manuela said...

Both are so beautiful.

Greetings Manuela

mdgtjulie said...

Your little pillow looks great, and I love the way that frame compliments the blackbird. Way to go, Denise. Hope you enjoyed your steak!

Chris said...

Great finishes Denise! Your needle is smoking :)

Maggee said...

Oh man--that sure is cute!! Lovely finishes! How great you had a frame just hanging around! BTW--you won my first Giveaway!! Write me! Hugs!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great finishes, Denise. Great to find the perfect frame in the stash. Nice to see your Mojo humming along!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Congrats on your finishes, they are really lovely!

rosek1870 said...

Two great finishes Denise!! I love them both!! Glad you got your stitching back on track. To hot here to stitch - gutting and redoing the bathroom this weekend and cleaning out my closet! Hope you are enjoying this VERY HOT Memorial Day.

Deb said...

Such sweet finishes. Congrats!!!!

Ranae said...

Two fabulous finishes. I love pillows too, so easy
It's been such a busy weekend, I sit down to finally stitch tonight and find myself reading blogs, lol

Mindi said...

Very sweet finishes!

Catherine said...

Love your finishes!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finishes, so pretty!
I hope you make it to that beautiful place!

Enjoy your steak dinner!