Friday, March 23, 2012
The Liebster Award!
Imagine my surprise today to find a comment left by Gracewood Stitches - Kathy awarded my little blog a Liebster Blog Award! Thank you so very much Kathy!
If you aren't familiar with the Liebster, which means 'favorite' in German, it is a way for bloggers to help each other out by spreading the word about their blogs.
As part of the Liebster tradition it is passed along to 5 bloggers that have motivated and inspired you. To accept the award you must -
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.
5. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
It is my pleasure to offer the Liebster blog award to these 5 blogs -
Jayne @ An Eye for Threads - I found Jayne while looking for bloggers who aren't afraid of BAP's. She has been a great friend and terrific inspiration to me!
Rose @ Christmas City Stitcher - Rose hasn't had the chance to be around bloggerville much lately. Take the time and stop by - leave a comment. Maybe we can get her to stop by a bit more! lol
Angela @ Indomitable Angela - Now, if you want to follow a strong woman - stop by and see Angela! She quilts and stitches and knows pets! Ask her about Miss Poppy!
Shari @ Shari's Sharings - If you would like to meet a stitcher that moves - follow Shari around a bit. She normally finishes at least 50 projects a year! Can you imagine??
Paula @ the ramblings and musings of a fur-babies momma - I met Paula almost the first day of blogging. Paula not only stitches but crochets! And she shares recipes! Woohoo - good eats!
Ladies - thank you for being part of my blogging life! You have moved me and inspired me more than you know!
Now, the five facts -
1. I don't have a green thumb but have kept one plant alive for nearly 20 years.
2. My favorite color is blue but I have never had a blue car.
3. Wanted to be an architect when I was in grade school.
4. I've never been west of the Mississippi River.
5. And I've kept every rose my husband has ever given me. There are now 10 jars of dried roses.
Thank you again - Kathy!