Saturday, March 31, 2012

Been Shopping

Upgraded to the new version of blogger -- not sure how much (or if) I like it.

Anyway -- Went to Cleveland today and I got new stuff.


Do you see that new Prairie Moon? I think it looks like a companion piece to Thine is the Trick or Treat! And I checked out the pattern - mostly full stitches. Thine had tons of partial stitches and over 1. This one will be a breeze. That's the fabric I chose for it there to the left of the pattern. Then the SilverCreek Samplers -- I've done 3 of their patterns and love each one. Woohoo - 2 more! And don't even comment on the blackbird. I know I said I was done with them but apparently I'm not.

Got some other stuff too. In the future there will be a surprise and here's a sneak peak of the goodies.


Can you guess what holiday this could be? Anyway, I was just too darned pleased with myself not to show it. And those scissors are totally Stitch Bitch's fault!

Played the lottery last night -- needless to say, we didn't win. Hope the winner uses their new found wealth sensibly and remembers to donate some to charities.

The boy went for a tux fitting yesterday. He's gonna be the cat's meow at that prom. Black tux with a black shirt and 'malibu' for the tie and vest. Malibu is some color between teal and aqua. But, we forgot to get shoes! I see another shopping experience coming up.

Think I'll go heat up my left-overs from Carrabba's. Chicken Parmesan with pasta, a mozzarella thingy, and some fennel sausage soup. Yum, yum, yum. Almost could say the meal was better than the stash shopping -- almost.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! And GO B-U-C-K-S! Final Two baby!
Denise

16 comments:

Tina said...

Good buys. :)

Catherine said...

Wow! Great stash! Love all of the red, white and blue goodies! You'll have to be sure and show a picture of your son all decked out!

Natasha said...

Great stash!! Can I ask where you went to buy the stash?? I will be coming home for a visit in July. Might have to make a pit stop at a LNS while Im there :)

Go Buckeyes!!!!

mdgtjulie said...

Grats on your new acquisitions Denise. It's so fun to stash shop. And Go Bucks!!

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

Hey Denise!!! What a great shopping trip and lots of great stuff going on. Proms! How I loved seeing my dear ones and their friends in their prom finery. It's tradition here for the prom goers to meet at our lovely park at the ocean for pictures and excitement. So many good memories.

Anyway, I see a stitch along in our future, as I also have on hand the "No Winter' pattern and goods on hand! I thought it is a nice companion piece to The North Wind.

Linda said...

Great new stash Denise. I love it all.

Linda

April said...

Great stash buys!!! I have the Prairie Moon also! I see you have One Nation !!! I have been wanting that one too! Love the scissors!
I think son might need shoes with that Tux!! lol I know he will look great. I love the sound of that Color - Malibu!! Have a great weekend!!

Tracey said...

Nice new STASH!!

Looks like someone is going to get a fun red-white-and blue package in the mail in the near future :^)

Mouse said...

ohhh thanks for the drool fest ... love them alll sooo when can I borrow them hahahahah
and mmmm 4th of july or the queens diamond jubilee ..lol
and cooo that colour sounds fab for his tie .... whoops re the shoes ... off to go and check my lottery ticket now thanks for the reminder hehehe
love mouse xxxxx

Lesleyanne said...

Great new stash.

rosek1870 said...

Love the stash! Are you planning to do One Nation again. I showed the pattern (yep I had to get it too) to a friend that I have been stitching with on Mondays and she thinks she may try it to. Love the bird and the prairie schooler. Have a great weekend!!! Rose

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

one can never have enough! Love the new stash and you just never stop surprising us with all of your purchases. How's that porch coming along, enough room to share? lol. I totally missed the award day and I am so sorry but Thank you and I think it is you who is the inspiration my friend.
Cheers to April showers.
Be always in stitches OTNFP

Carol said...

Ooh--lovely new stash, Denise. Just think of all you could have bought if you HAD won the lottery! I'm glad it was split amongst three winners, though :)

Marnie said...

Nothing like a little new stash to bolster a girl's spirits!

:-D

Those leftovers sounds delish too!

Happy (almost) Easter!

Marnie
www.countryfriedstitches.blogspot.com

Dani - tkdchick said...

What wonderful new stash!!! I wish I could just pop to the LNS, harder to do these days with so many shops gone.

Sherry said...

What wonderful new patterns and fabrics and I love the scissors. I have neglected my cross stitch for quilting and embroidery lately but I still love it and have projects waiting for my attention.