Monday, March 5, 2012

Almost there ...

I'm this close to a finish on One Nation! Decided to stop and show an update photo. Not sure if this will be finished today or tomorrow.


As you can see just 6 more red stars to go. Once again blogger has decided to rotate my picture. No clue as to why.

But, this brings me to a question I'd love to have an answer to - how do you host your pictures on your blog? Mine go to Picasa and I have an album there. But, they only host about 600 photos until you need to pay them to host more. I'm being cheap and don't want to spend the $5 per year. So, should I open another Flickr account to host the pics? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Completed my 4th project of the year last week. Had I not stopped to do it - One Nation would have been toast this weekend. But, I wanted to stitch something else for a bit. Now DH needs to make a frame. I'm torn though - frame this new finish or make it into a pillow or flat finish. Nope - not showing it - it's a present. lol

We've made headway on the DIY. The porch fascia is up and all but 5 posts are now wrapped in vinyl. We are ordering the rail system today. I'll show pictures of the new improved porch after the railings are in. No sense in showing something like this half done!

Otherwise, nothing much has been happening. Last week I babysat my daughters house until FedEx arrived, watched Alivia on Thursday, took a trip to Millersburg to see about prices on the railing (omg, their prices were HIGH), helped on the porch, and stitched.

After the terrible storms that rolled through the mid-west last week and the earthquake in San Francisco - I think Mother Nature is upset. Hope all of you in bloggerville are safe and healthy!

Have a wonderful week - keep stitching!
Denise

17 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Looks FANTASTIC! You're almost done :o)

I use Photobucket and have never had problems. HTH.

Terry said...

So close to a finish! Can't wait to see how you decide to finish it. Have a great week!

Krista said...

Hi Denise, Your One Nation is so stunning. You must be thrilled to be near the finish line :)
With regards to pics.. I don't think mine are stored anywhere?, I just upload from my computer when I post, but that is a great idea that they are all stored together!

Shari said...

you can do it.......when the end is near, it goes faster!!!!
It is gorgeous...maybe I will stitch that one some day!!!!

Lesleyanne said...

Can't help with the photo problem but will keep my eye on the answers lol. Great stitching you are so very near.

Unknown said...

Denise your One Nation is FABULOUS!!!! WOW!!!!!

Deborah said...

One Nation is stunning! Your needle has been smoking.

Autumn said...

I totally love it!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

oh man can I see that with a nice suede matt & and an old gold frame. wooooo hoooo girl almost there.

I don't know if I mentioned just how much I love my gift????...
WELL I DO AND THANK YOU!
Be always in stitches.

Carol said...

Looking great, Denise--I can hardly wait to see your finish!

Deb said...

You are so close!!!! This is really an incredible piece.

And I use Flickr to store mine, but I don't have enough finishes to get to 600 - and probably won't for a long time!

Catherine said...

It looks fantastic! I use Picasa for mine and pay the extra per year - mainly because I have many pictures when my boys are playing baseball and it makes it easy to share a link with all the parents so they can download the pics they want.

paula said...

I upload my pictures from my computer. Every once in a hwile I will use Flickr, but then I am loading into there and then onto the blog . . I don't need that extra step.

One Nation looks great :0}

Linda said...

One Nation looks great Denise. Can't wait to start mine.

Linda

Maggee said...

Very very close!! It is just gorgeous! It must make you smile when you see it! My pictures stay on my computer... Hugs!

Mindi said...

Woohoo! So close to a finish, and its looking gorgeous. What an accomplishment.

Veronica said...

Oh wow, One Nation is just absolutely, breathtakingly gorgeous! Can't wait for the huge happy dance :)

Mmm... Picasa's limit is actually 1024 MB. So the number of photos you can upload would depend on your file size. So far, with only cross stitch photos uploaded to my Picasa, I'm only using up 14 MB or 1.38% of my limit so for me, that's more than enough for the moment. Hope that helps.

Hugs,
Veronica.