Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mid-Winter's Gift!

Before Christmas Mary Jane and I were talking and it was decided that we would celebrate our Christmas together in mid-winter. Well, the time has come and the post office delivered.




My murder of crows was not yet complete! I just absolutely love this 6-pack! The frame matches the blue perfectly and it's padded too! Her stitching just blows me off my feet - Thank you so very much! And the candy - haven't ever tried chocolate twizzlers. Thought I might get into them last night but DH had to have a Pepperidge Farm cake instead.

This stitch is already hanging proudly on my wall. Now for summer/fall to arrive so the rest of the flock can come visit!

I sent her a little bag -
Winter Forest by LHN
As you can see I made three. One for myself, one for Mary Jane and another is winging it's way to its new home. I thought we three would enjoy having the same stitch. I kept the one with the mistake - my one deer is a bit longer than it should be and by the time I saw it - too late to change. 

There were a few other things too but did I take a picture? Ah, no - oops.

Well, DH is sanding the trim on the windows and he's making quiet the mess and racket. Time to go see how much longer Bridget and I will be listening to the sander. 

Have a wonderful and safe mid-week! The weekend is  but a few days away!
Denise

ps - The new blog header picture was taken by my mom. I believe she said it was a mill in West Virginia on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

7 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

wow what a nice idea,,,mid-witner...but whens the winter part kick in? Lucky girls to have a share such talent.
I agree with the thought of the white on One Nation but in the long run it will look just fine and Yankie Doodle Dandy.
Nice header too.
Be always in stitches.

CalamityJr said...

I didn't realize there are three pouches - what fun! And just so everyone else knows, these are stitched on tiny count fabric and the stitches are PERFECT! As for the Twizzlers - you know how mint M&Ms only come out for Christmas? Well, I've been told Hershey chocolate Twizzlers only come around every few YEARS, so enjoy them now! Moving our exchange to mid-winter was such a fun idea; it took the pressure out of having one more thing to do for Christmas plus put some extra cheer into this gray part of the year that needs some extra sunshine. Now we shall look forward to an ever-nearer springtime - yay!

Catherine said...

I love chocolate twizzlers! Yummy! Love the stitchy projects too!

April said...

Great stitching!! I have not seen the Chocolate Twizzlers!! I have to check for them... That picture of the Mill is so pretty!! Have a great rest of the week!

Lesleyanne said...

Great stitching.

mdgtjulie said...

Beautiful pic of the mill. Looks so peaceful. And renovations are so fun, aren't they? Great gift too. Hope you continue to progress on your stitching!!

Pumpkin said...

Awwwww! What a great package and what a fun way to shove off the winter blues :o) Mary Jane did a fabulous job on the crows. Chocolate Twizzlers though? Hmmmm...not sure about that. LOL!

Those bags are adorable! What a neat idea Denise :o)