Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Opps -- I haven't been around much!

I may not have been around but I'm still round. lol Ok, yeah, that was horrible!

My mailman has been busy lately what with my internet shopping for Christmas. Today I thought she was bringing yet another box for the holidays. I was wrong. Miss CalamityJr (Mary Jane) spoiled me again. She has this idea - if I have surgery I get a gift. Now, who am I to complain?? I love that she is such a thoughtful friend!

I must show you what she sent!



My very first Thanksgiving decoration! Hard to believe really. And the magazine and container too! The magazine has that cardinal piece that will look smashing beside my current project. But, there are two others in here that will be filling my winter stitching basket.




Gorgeous! I will be SO ready for next Christmas! (insert me going teeheehee behind my hand) That little container - she sent it empty thinking I might have buttons or bobs to fill it. Ha, I found these little ribbon reels and they fit perfectly. Now I don't have to search the bottom of my box for them!

I have made some progress on the cardinals...oops...Red Birds.


I got my new camera last Saturday. Still dealing with the learning curve. What needs to happen is that I sit down with the manual and camera and play.

Hope today finds you well and that you get time with a needle floss and fabric!
Denise

11 comments:

April Mechelle said...

Denise, Great gifts!!! Love the Red Bird stitching!!!

Kaisievic said...

Mary Jane has been very generous. Lovely gifts and your red birds are beautiful.

What did you have surgery for?

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Catherine said...

Great goodies and great progress on the cardinals!!

Charity C. said...

What wonderful gifts! Your stitching is coming along beautifully!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely gifs received. Great progress on the cardinals - it looks gorgeous.

Mouse said...

oooo lovely gifts you got ... you were spoiled :) and like those patterns too :) love mouse xxxx

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Gotta love friends like that eh? I thought of you when I saw Santa's in Red and that SnowFlake is prime stitching too. Great minds think alike.
Be always in stitches and I sure hope those hands are co operating.

Lynn said...

I didn't realize that you'd had surgery. I hope your recovery goes well. MaryJane has sent you a wonderful package to aid in your recovery! I just browsed through that issue at a local Chapters last night.
Your Red Birds looks fabulous so far! I love the fabric you've chosen.

paula said...

Those red Santas are AMAZING!

Shari said...

wow...great mail day!!! How fun to get goodies from other stitchers!
you will be ready for Christmas with all of that gorgeous stitching!

Pumpkin said...

That was so sweet of Mary Jane :o) I'm still waiting for that issue to arrive here.

Your cardinal piece is just amazing! I LOVE the fabric color!