Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is it too early for Christmas ornies?

I seem to have my seasons mixed up. In August I stitched fall - Sept rolls around and I'm stitching Christmas stuff.

Maybe this being off work is screwing up my timing. I know I'm sleeping better - so maybe I'm getting out of whack from that.

Oh, would you like to see them? They aren't finished because I have yet to figure out how I want to do them. Sigh...it'll come to me sometime after Christmas. 

Fresh Fallen Snow
Little House Needleworks
JCS Christmas issue
Recommended floss and a scrap of fabric

Frosty Flakes
Little House Needleworks
My colors and a scrap of fabric
I changed out the Avocado to Ruby Slippers. Simply because I didn't have any Avocado. I like my change. Sort of brightens the piece up.

That funky mood has come back today - not as bad - but the mojo has hung around this time. Oh - you should see what I got done on Northwind.

Nothing much to report - so all is well.
Later - boys and girls - Denise

14 comments:

Carol said...

It's never too early for Christmas stitching, Denise--sometimes I feel like that's all I do!

Love your Ruby Slippers color change on Frosty Flakes and I was just admiring that little LHN design for Fresh Fallen Snow last night--very pretty :)

Karen said...

Love your ornaments. I just picked up my issue and this is one of my favorites I hope to stitch really soon!

happy stitching...

Charity C. said...

Both pieces look very pretty!

Mindi said...

Its never too early for Christmas ornaments! Just think of that smug and satisfied feeling you'll have when the rest of us are panicking in Dec that we haven't done any of our Christmas stitching yet, and you have your ornaments finished! Both of them are adorable.

Teresa said...

Should I be looking for Easter projects soon. You are way ahead of me I can't seem to get my Halloween done.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
PS - Glad you are sleeping better.

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

I know how you feel. I look at all the fall designs being made now and I think Id love to start them but then I think I should be enjoying our spring time as well :)

Catherine said...

It's never too early!! If the mood strikes, then stitch it!

Deborah said...

I agree with many that it's never to early for ornies. Yours are fabulous.

Lesleyanne said...

I love the changes you have made to Frosty Flakes the Ruby Slippers really brightens it up. Your LHN is lovely too I have only just got mine. It is never too early for Christmas stitching.

Mouse said...

ooo well done ,... its never to early for any type of stitching ..lol just made up a stocking last night for a friend and it is waaayy cute ..lol even if I say so my self :) can't wait to see Northwind :) love mouse xxxx

Shari said...

I do Christmas ornaments year round.......at least one per month, so NO it is not too early! They are both adorable.....gosh, your needle is flying....and you mention Northwind......I haven't touched it yet this week......

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

well, funny you should ask about being to early for Christmas stitching! In my world it is never to early to stitch anything and any time put into Christmas stitching is a joy, so, up here, where I come from,,,
we leave Christmas stitching up all year long simply because each and every one of them took not only me but friends too, a great deal of time, enjoyment and love to only be on display for a month or two. Hence the wall of wonderment here @ Henley's Landing!
Yet another reason to get that darn paper work finished and get your motor running...
Be always in stitches

country stitcher said...

Both of your ornaments look great! I need to get busy stitching some christmas ornaments as well.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Pumpkin said...

Congrats on two awesome finishes! I like what you did with Frosty Flakes :o)