Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Weekend...

Nothing much happening this weekend. Made the coffee cake Edgar had on his blog - needless to say mine didn't come out nearly as pretty as his did. To show the picture or not -- nah, maybe next time. It looked horrible but tasted divine. I, umm, under cooked it and then placed it on a plate not realizing how badly under cooked it was - then it went on a cookie sheet to bake some more - and then back to the plate. In all that back and forth - it fell to pieces. BUT, it still wasn't in the house for 24 hours!

Otherwise, we celebrated BIL's birthday today. Keri didn't want her picture taken and I got one anyway.

Never never make a horrible face! 

Rob getting some baby time. 
 Miss Alivia had not taken a nap all day. Rob got his hands on her and did raspberries on her head. And out she went. He loves babies and if we could have had a dozen - he wouldn't have minded one bit. Honestly, I think he's about ready to be a grandpa.

Promised a picture of The Raven - he's mounted and ready to frame!

The Raven
by La-D-Da
PTP Cashel Fossil
Recommended floss
Started this one yesterday ~

Blackbirds
by All Through the Night
28ct Putty linen
Valdani Aged Black floss
I wasn't planning to do this one next - but it was sitting beside my chair and the floss was with it. Remember those lazy comments from the other day... lazy is still hanging around.

It's not even 6:30 and I'm ready to go to bed. Made lasagna for dinner and had the kids over. I swear it feels like Thanksgiving evening -- that stuff is sitting heavy!

Tomorrow is another week  - and that means Northwind Monday! Can't wait to see how much we've accomplished this week!

Until tomorrow -
Denise

7 comments:

paula said...

Do you have all of your ravens hanging up?

How many do you have completed?

mainely stitching said...

Shhh - I've done that to cakes before, too! ;)

Wonderful finish, and I love your next start!!

Teresa said...

Sounds like a nice family weekend. You seem to be doing a lot of black birds lately, are they a favorite of yours? It's only five here but still want to get into the PJ's.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

mdgtjulie said...

Great pics Denise. Love the one of Rob and the baby. She's adorable. I'm glad you got to get together with your family. Those gatherings can be wonderful!!! Lovely stitching too. Wow, you got a lot done on Blackbirds in one day. I'm impressed!!

Keri said...

I just want to say pay back is a sweet sweet thing!! :) Just you remember all those "WONDERFUL" pictures I have of you that I could share lol!! Thanks for coming today tho - we really enjoyed having everyone over!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

I keep checking my mailbox my friend......

Pumpkin said...

Raven looks awesome! Congrats :o)

Love your new WIP.