Sunday, March 13, 2011

Finishes # 11 and 12!

Okay, so I am two days later in finishing these than I thought I would be -- But, they are done!

Hearts and Diamonds
40ct Summer Khaki
DMC Floss as recommended
Cross Point Designs (JCS)

March-April-May Monthly Mania
14ct Vintage Country Cream
Recommended Floss
Heart in Hand
 The HIH piece is a WIP left from last years start challenge I had for myself in June. I started something like 15+ projects and now have less than 5 to finish! Not too shabby.

It was suggested to me to frame Snowman Photobooth - I knew I had the perfect paint for the frame. Next winter this can see the light of day!


I finished this pillow in my frenzy two weeks ago. It has been sent out and I thought I would go ahead and show it. 
                             

It was a beast to finish! Started out I wanted a ruffle. Make the ruffle and put it on only to mess up the stitched linen. I had forgotten to use interfacing on the stitching. Tear it off. Put on the interfacing. Start again this time without the ruffle. Put the border on the sides - wrong. Try again - got it! Then the other two sides and wowsers it is the beginnings of a pillow! Search through my buttons and come up with 4 matching ones - miracle of all miracles. This turned out better than I had first envisioned.

DH is picking up Penso's Pizza for dinner. We have more than enough leftovers to eat - but am I going to complain about not heating them up? Nope.

Hard to believe the weekend is quickly wrapping up. Where does the time go? That means tomorrow is Monday - I've got to get groceries - anyone want to volunteer for that job. I'll pay for them but hate shopping and putting them away.

TTFN -
Denise

15 comments:

barbara said...

Isn't grocery shopping such a chore?! I agree!

Wonderful framing and finishing of some fun projects. :D

Parsley said...

The friend pillow is just too precious. Of course all your projects are awesome. What is your favorite stitchy fabric?

Robin said...

Love the little "Friend" pillow. too cute!

Catherine said...

You've been busy!! Love all of your finishes! And the pillow that gave you a hard time - too cute!

Emily & Scott said...

Cute finishes!!!

MMmmmmm pizza sounds good for dinner!!!

I'll go grocery shopping with you!!

Karen said...

Such cute finishes. Your "Friend" pillow turned out very cute!

happy stitching....

Blu Stitcher said...

All of your finishes are just wonderful. I think I love the snowmen the bast. Good Luck tomorrow on grocery shopping, it really is a chore. LOL

paula said...

You are SO FAST . . . maes me feel like a piker.

Carol said...

Wow! You're really moving through the finishes, Denise! They are all so cute, but I think the snowmen in the white frame is my favorite...

Have a great week :)

Michele said...

sweet finishes! the frames are perfect1

and I love your Friend pillow. Show's the designer? My Christmas ornament finishing a couple of weeks ago went horrible like yours ... nice to know we can save the pieces in spite of ourselves :)

Poppypatchwork said...

Your work is great, I hate packing the shopping away, it's just the worst thing to do after the supermarket fight.

Topcho said...

Great finsihes, love them all! Especially the Friend pillow with those cute buttons. I wish someday I'll be able to make such a finsih too! ^^

Pumpkin said...

Look at all the finished pieces!!!! You were a very busy woman this past weekend ;o)

The frames are just perfect and your pillow darling. Great job Denise :o)

Btw, I hate grocery shopping too...

Sharon said...

Wonderful finishes and finishing!

Crystal said...

I'll do the grocery shopping for you, but you'll have to find someone else to put them away I hate that part.

Lovely finishes, the snowmen turned out so cute and I love your pilow finish.