Today inspiration hit. I sort of screwed up when I glued this together. Forgot I needed to leave room for the ribbon to make a hanger. But, it is my first hanging type finish.
Oh, please don't ask details about this pattern -- I think - think - It might be a Homespun Elegance.
The way I ended up doing the ribbon -- I took a 5" piece of ribbon and glued it across the top and down the sides about 1". Then I took a much longer piece and centered it to the bottom and glued up the sides. At the top of this piece is a little something Emily sent me. Slipped the ribbons through it and the glued companion pieces to each corner.
Had you told me a year ago I would be hot gluing my stitching to boards and attaching ribbon to it - I would have had a hissy fit. Let alone gluing things to the stitching! lol
I've come a long way baby!
I've been MIA lately. My life seems to be spinning around me - quiet fast if I do say so myself - and I am getting dizzy. Borrowing a line from Prince - "I've been busy doing something close to nothing but different than the day before."
An extra photo box containing skeins of hand-dyed floss now resides in the closet, there is a new quilt only photo album, new pictures in the cross stitch album that has been re-organized, all new smalls have a home, other document boxes are more organized, there are 3 pillows awaiting fabric to be sewn around them, one piece is waiting to be pinned to foam core, a WIP has been pulled out and had progress made, a new stitch has the fabric edged and is waiting for floss to be pulled, and at least 10 mounted projects are waiting for DH to make frames. See - nothing much but something different.
Hopefully, by Friday I will have a WIP finished! Crossing my fingers!
Stay tuned and see if I managed to pull off my 12th finish for 2011.