Sunday, December 5, 2010

When's Scott coming with the gifts?

What's that title all about? Garin thinks Scott Calvin will be bringing his presents for Christmas.

A little background. My sister and BIL didn't want to tell their kids that Santa brought their gifts. They didn't want to lie to them. I understand - but disagreed. Their kids not mine. Garin started pre-school this year. And guess what? Suddenly the guy wearing the big red suit not only exists but is VERY real to Garin. And Garin is concerned. They don't have a fireplace - how will Santa deliver the presents???

Keri called me a week or so ago and told me Garin's concerns. What to tell him - she asks? I told her to tell him what happened in Santa Clause (the movie). The heaters change to become a fireplace for Santa. She wanted to borrow the movie to explain it all to Garin.

A few days later - we have a new problem. He believed it - ALL. Scott Calvin is Santa and the movie really happened. So now, Scott will be coming to the house.

Don't you love the way kids' minds work?

Smiles - Denise

11 comments:

CalamityJr said...

lol!! You should have visited Gracie at http://needlespinsanddragonflies.blogspot.com/ first and suggested a Santa key - it would have been much simpler!

paula said...

Growing up we never were told that all of the guys inthe re suits in every other store were Santa. Mom and Dad made very sure that they tld us they were all Santa's helpers. . . how could Santa be here AND making presents.

We didn't have a fireplace so Santa had to comein the front door . . made perfect sense with no fireplace.

Now, how did he get those gifts everywhere? He always asked the parents to help him and all h e had to do was stop- by with the biggies . . . wonder how the brother and I ever slept through Mom & Dad putting tin doll houses and bicycles together?

\0/ paula

Tina said...

That is too cute! I love it!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Hey, I have a Santa Key and it works too. You just never know what will show up when it is left on a table.
As always

Kttycat said...

That is just too adorable!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Santa, for me, happens to be dressed in a UPS uniform, and sometimes he even comes dressed in a postal uniform. I don't judge, I know he has issues! ....i.e. egg nog let's just leave it at that, shall we. :)

Together We Save said...

Oh I love it... the magic of Christmas for kids is amazing!!

gracie said...

I found you! Anyway, I love the story. Children always work things out...too cute! I have a Santa Key and through the years, it served to explain things to my son and to nephews and niece...(I never had a fireplace)...whatever works.....

Unknown said...

I grew up in Pennsylvania and the northern panhandle of West Virginia and the three older of us never had a fireplace as kids. Santa always manged to find his way in. Of the four of us, only our baby brother (12 year gap) got to experience hanging the stocking by the chimney - after we moved to California! My kids have had a fireplace almost every Christmas here in warm, sunny L.A. Go figure.

Oh, and just wait until Garin figures out that Scott Calvin is also Buzz Lightyear! Can't wait to hear about that realization! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I have some friends who have the same outlook on "lying" to their kids about Santa because the kids can't see Jesus either, so if Santa isn't real, then the kids won't believe that Jesus is real. !!! If the kids can't tell the diff between Santa and The Son of God, then we have a whole other set of problems!

If I roll my eyes any harder, I will sprain something! ha! But, like you said, their kids not mine!

Pumpkin said...

That is too cute although I have never heard of parents not telling their children about Santa Claus. LOL!