Saturday, December 4, 2010

I'm so Excited...

When the kids were small and Santa brought every one's gifts, we started a tradition on Christmas Eve. We always have my family in for the holiday on Christmas Eve for dinner and sometimes a Christmas movie. (Have you ever really noticed how many Christmas movies there are?) Anyway, after the movie and before time for bed the four of us would sit down and have a gift exchange. We each bought/made something for each other. Generally, keeping our gifts secret. None of us keep secrets well. So, this secret keeping is HUGE for us!

This year we're down to three. Courtney has flown the coop. She'll be here bright and and early (according to Logan - she's to be here no later than 7:30 - thank-you very much) Christmas morning.

For Rob I have gotten a pocket size version of the Constitution. It also has the Bill of Rights and all amendments. He saw it this summer in a magazine and I happened to find said magazine when cleaning the desk in the hall. (A task best left to someone else - but it always is there for me.) Logan is getting Wall-E from me.

Rob is getting the boy the movie Inception. And Logan got The Book of Eli for him. Last night Rob came out and gave Logan an idea for his Christmas Eve gift -- hmm, what could it be??? The very same movie. Logan played it cool and acted dumb about what the movie was and who was in it. Smart boy.

So, why am I excited you ask? This has been a nice post lady but, get to the point! Ok, ok! Have you ever heard of haycanvas bags???? Oh, ladies if you haven't you'll want to! I need (yes, need) a nice bag to take my stash when going on retreats. I plan two for 2011! Every canvas bag I looked at was thin or no pockets on the outside or none on the inside. Something about every bag just wasn't right.

Not this bag!!!! You can make it completely custom or take a bag off the display. Mine is the larger classic tote. Linen in color and a black bottom. The black bottom is also pockets! There are also pockets inside. And they will personalize them too. They found a embroidery design online that is PERFECT for me. It says, "Cross Stitch" and then there are X's under the words. This lettering will be in red. It will be ready for pick-up Dec 18th. Then it must sit under the tree until 9pm-ish Christmas Eve. This is what Rob got me for my Christmas Eve gift. He wanted me to pick it out - so this year I know what I am getting. (Insert Happy Dance Here)

Here's a quick peak at the tote ~


If you would like - check them out at haycanvas.com. Cathy would love to hear from you!

Maybe tomorrow I will tell you our plans for this Christmas. They have morphed once again!
Hope today is the day of your dreams!
Smiles - Denise

10 comments:

Catherine said...

What a fun tradition!! Oh that bag!!! I have so many totes and use one, but I know what you mean about having quite found the right one!! I'm off to check out the web site! Isn't is going to drive you crazy waiting until Christmas morning!??!?!

Catherine said...

Ooopssss....meant to say Christmas Eve!!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Very nice and I love the way you spend Christmas Eve. Say,,, one of those retreats could be in Grand Bend you know...like at the end of May....
Enjoy your day Denise. As always
Be always in stitches.

paula said...

Love the toted. . . I o believe totes could be a real addiction if I ever bought another one. Thus, I have crocheted mine . . . pockets and all. My favorite one really needs washed but it is always in use . . either to hold projects or to carry goodies home frm the store.

\0/ paula

CalamityJr said...

Great bag! I agree with Catherine - seeing it under the tree would drive me nuts! Where are the retreats you'll be attending?

Tina said...

I can see why you are excited! :)

Crystal said...

Wow what a fun tradition, and I lOVE love love your new bag.

Pumpkin said...

Sweet! Lucky you :o)

Faye said...

Love that tote bag Denise!!! And, thanks so much for the nice comments you post on my blog...I certainly will pass on your well wishes to Barbara~~~ Take care and Merry Christmas~~ Faye

Anonymous said...

Denise...You ALWAYS manage to find out what your getting...there has been 1 Christmas that I can remember in the 27 years of my life that you had a surprise and that was because Rob hid it in the garage!! haha, I don't have much room to talk tho! Love ya!