Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Grace's final photo!

Woohoo! Two posts in one day! I am feeling better. Just had lunch and after looking at what I grabbed - no doubts about it - on the road to recovery!

Should I explain that...why not, I'm bored and not doing anything much! When I was a kid and got the stomach flu - I always would ask for a double cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake from McDonald's when I first started to feel human. Somehow that combo made my stomach calm down and the (delicate way to say this ....) went away.

So, after talking to a friend on the phone I got hungry. I had cranberry/blackberry juice, a ham and cheese sandwich with ketchup and blue cheese dressing, cheetos and chocolate icing (you dip the cheetos into the icing -- yes, I know, gross, but ohhhh so yummy) and then because I could eat 'dessert' 3 fig newtons. No, I am NOT pregnant. Yes, eating this way is the reason I am fluffy.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and comments! I think they are the reason I am feeling better! I needed a hug from my blogging buddies!! I will be writing down the suggestions for meds to keep here at the house!

Oh, did you stop by for the grand finale? Grace is this close to being ready to wrap. I'm not strong enough to get the glazing points all the way into the wood and Rob needs to attach the hangers. Then I will cover it with brown paper to finish it off. Hopefully, the boy will leave the house sometime before Christmas.


Since I saved the best for last and I feel a nap coming on - time to go!
Smiles - Denise

14 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

It looks fantastic Denise. WOW. and what the #*!! are you eating girl??? WHO PUTS CHOCOLATE ICING ON CHEETOS EUUUUUUUW lol What ever trips your trigger I guess. (i may just go and try that),,,,naw, I can't wrap my tastebuds around it quite yet... ugh...lol Well, I am glad you are beginning to feel better but I sure can't guarantee how your gonna feel at the end of the day...
As always,,,without much snow

Crystal said...

Oh wow that turned out beautiful, I'd have a hard time parting with it. I'm glad your feeling better go enjoy your nap.

Tina said...

Love the picture, it is absolutely gorgeous. Glad you are feeling better...when I was a kid and sick I always wanted lots of good things to eat, like heaps of cakes and chocolates, somehow I was always a sick kid with a big appetite.

paula said...

Never had Cheetos with Chocolate Icing . .. but I have had Potatoo CHips with spray cheese on them . . . yummy.

I don't have an "I'm Feeling Better" food but I have an "I'm Sick" food. It is a recipe for Beef Stroganoff that I found in an add in Woman's Day, I believe, in the late 1970's. The texture, and flavors, or round steak, mushrooms, onions, thyme and a finishing of frozen peas (warmed in the cooked mixture) and 8 oz. of sour cream . . then served over instant mashed potatoes makes me feel so loved.

Somewhere, in my blog,, I wrote this recipe out and included pix . . . makes me hungry for it now, even though I'm healthy as all get out.

Now, stay on the road to health!

paula said...

Oh, I forgot . . , Gracie looks beautiful!

Terri said...

Wow, Grace is beautiful! And I'm glad you're better. What I always wanted when I was a kid and sick was some of my mom's potato soup! Yum!

gracie said...

Absolutely wonderful....

Cath said...

WOW , and Yuck . The first is for the stitching ,lol.

Jules said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! That has always been one of my top 5 faves where paintings are concerned.

Glad you are starting to feel better!

Pumpkin said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better now although what you just ate would have made me throw up ;o) ROFL!

Grace is just stunning in that frame!!!! You should be SO happy :o)

natalysneedle said...

Simply awesome!! I knew you would get it done!! I hope you feel better soon but from the choice of foods that flu bug might rebound!

CalamityJr said...

Grace is beautiful! That will be a Christmas gift he'll never forget. I DID want to join you for a cuppa some day, but now I think we'll chat,stitch and sip with no snacks. Well, maybe I could just bring my own... When I was little and sick I always wanted a tall glass of very cold milk. Back then they thought it would curdle if you were fevered, but Mom figured if I wanted it that badly then my body must need it, so she gave it to me and it never made things worse. Go figure!

Poppypatchwork said...

Well done on Grace looking so good. Glad to hear you are on the mend, it is weid what we eat once we start to pick up. Last time I was ill, all I wanted was KFC, but them I can always eat an KFC.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Wow, what a great job. It looks beautiful. So glad to hear you are feeling better. :)

Cheetos and chocolate iciing?