Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Walk in the Yard

I took Marlene on a walk with me. Well, as best I could be with an ocean between us. And that got me to thinking. Would you like to take a walk with me too?

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Today is looking good too. I need to go put the flag out. Happy Veteran's Day to all those who have served!

The trees seem so stark and bare. 
Looking downstream

 Bridget enjoyed herself. She thinks she is the world's bravest puppy. But, she won't get her feet wet. 
Bridget trying to be brave and go get a drink.


 This is my house. Can you see the blue buckets on the porch? Oak trees - DH wants more trees on our lot. 
Our House

I have no idea why I love this stupid bridge. It's just a bridge - but look at the light and shadows. 
Looking upstream

Our mighty Tuscarawas River is looking more like a creek. The water should be 3' higher. There are dry leaves lying in the river 4' out. I have no idea why it is so low. This is the area where we have our bonfires. It's about as far from the house as we can get. 
Noticing how low the river is!

I tend to take pictures of the trees in bloom. Sometimes in the fall.  These berries will stay most of the winter. They look kinda sad - don't they? 
Washington Hawthorne berries

I loved the contrast of the whispy grass and the sky.  
Pampas Grass

 I used to have two gargoyles. Some kids stole one several years ago. He's some where in the river. I heard him go whoosh! The kids loved a gargoyle book our library had. So, when we saw him (them) - we had to get them. 
Our Greeter

 My uncle is picky about his yard. He's having a metal roof installed on his garage by the Amish. The horse had to go some where. Bet he left some nice piles in that perfect yard. ;0)

The horse in my uncle's yard
 Tomorrow I plan to show my stitching progress for the week. Hope today is a happy day for you!
Smiles - Denise 


12 comments:

Tina said...

What a beautiful walk...thanks for sharing. The weather here has been absolutely amazing the last few days....awww just enjoying the sunshine!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Ditto. Now when I think of you I will imagine you wading out in the river looking for that sunken Gargoyle. I would imagine your property has many different looks depending on the season and I can't wait till you get all the snow. I mean to see the pictures. lol As always
Be always in stitches.

Jan said...

Thanks for the walk, Denise! A lovely day here too..I love your pictures!

Jane said...

Thanks Denise, I really enjoyed this post and the pics are lovely, the weather here in the UK is really bad with galeforce winds and continual rain so your walk has really brightened my day.
Alivia's progress is looking good xxxx

CalamityJr said...

Thank you for taking us on your walk. After a hectic morning at work, that is just what I needed! I don't think you'll want to walk with me - it will be in the early evening (so getting dark), with my 4-legged pal, and we don't stop to admire the scenery, just to clean up his "presents"! :-)

paula said...

Thanks for the walk . . . the river looks so peaceful and relaxing. But the trees, and yards look like ours . . sad, naked and starting into their dormant season.

It always makes me so sad this time of the year . . beautiful Fall Blue sky, and trees shedding their last leaves.

Then, when that 1st snow falls and whitens up my world, I know everything is right again . . the seasons come and the seasons go . . each has their shiningg moments and sad days . . .

now was that sad or what? Didn't mean it that way, just reflecting on my world this Veterans Day, 20110.

\0/ paula

Crystal said...

Thank you Denise for the walk, I needed the fresh air. Your river and property look beautiful. I agree with Jayne would love to see some snowy pictures this winter.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

What a lovely house! If I lived there, I would spend all day on the back porch, looking at the river and stitching/knitting/crocheting....well, you get the idea. :)

Pumpkin said...

What a lovely walk! Thanks Denise :o)

Emily & Scott said...

What a beautiful place to live and see!!

rosek1870 said...

Loved going for a walk with you! What a beautiful place to live. I think I would never leave! Thank you so much for brightening my day and I look forward to seeing your finishes.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that horse in our uncle's yard really makes me laugh!! I wonder if he put "clean up horse piles" in the contract!! haha. I certainly don't see him leaving them there over winter!!