Monday, November 29, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree - Oh, Christmas Tree

I promised Marlene and Vicki some pics of the tree! ((Editted to add - Mary Jane and I also talked about this tree too. My apologies I didn't add you when I posted the first time)) So, without further ado ~

Ta-da!
 

One of two old (pre 1990) ornies
 
And the other
This tree is not one of my 'normal' trees. And honestly, I like it more! Why? I usually have all metallic bulbs, a gold ribbon as garland, German paper stars made from ribbon, only white lights, and a big bow on top.

The blue bead garland was a find from Black Friday - if you see mini blue bulbs - they were another find. But, Marlene inspired me to use my quilted snowmen and dig a couple stitched ornies out. See, she sent the puddings. Do you remember them?

 And today I received my very first win from a blog. Lyssa sent it in a Christmas card. I sat here trying to think of who it would be - it was a mystery! And then it clicked. I'm a little slow sometimes.

Thank you! It should be a quick stitch and will match my October Curls finish! If I do it correctly - they can share a frame! (PS - Lyssa - could you email me please)

Oh, I meant to let you know my sister's FIL is out of the hospital. Has been for about a week. He is mending and not only has ankle issues but 8 broken/cracked ribs. Ouch! How he's getting around - no ideas. Can you imagine crutches or a wheel chair? I had thought he was using a wheel chair until my FIL reminded me about pushing the wheels. He should have plenty of help. He has 12 children living nearby.

I'm off to bathe Grace and then press it. Hopefully, it will dry quickly so I can stretch it by this evening.

TTFN - Denise

17 comments:

Lyssa said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! You received it :) I was starting to think everything I mailed was lost in limbo somewhere. Whew! I'm going to email you in just a second!!

Your tree looks wonderful :)

CalamityJr said...

Love your blue tree! It's even prettier than I expected. What a nice month you'll have sitting around, relaxing (when you have a minute to yourself, haha) in its soft glow... Enjoy!

Parsley said...

Cute!

I love your decorations for Christmas. Double cute.

Pumpkin said...

Job well done Denise! I'm being good and waiting until after December 1 to decorate ;o)

Glad to hear your FIL is out of the hospital.

Jules said...

Very cute tree!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love the tree. You know me, never met a snowman I did not like! I love your tree! :)

Karen said...

Such a pretty tree...love the blue!

Carol said...

You're so lucky to have your tree up already, Denise--it looks just great!

Deb said...

I love your tree and all those snowmen! Very nice. Love that blue garland too!

paula said...

Did GRACE bathe up well?

paula

staci said...

Your tree looks lovely! I'm behind in getting mine up this year!

Rowyn said...

Your Christmas tree is beautiful!

Poppypatchwork said...

Love your tree, the blue looks good. How is Grace all sorted now. My tree is going up over the weekend, if SIL gets it for me(not a real one)

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

I tell you what,you drive today so that on
Day one we go to dinner with Stitching Sisters
Day two we admire the couch with a good stitch.
Day three we finish off a tree up here.
Day four well maybe we could stitch again.
Day five who knows
Congrats on your win
As always

Kttycat said...

Your tree is so pretty!

Natasha said...

What a beautiful tree, I love threes that are decorated in no paticular theme. A mish mash of ornaments collected throughout the year is what my tree is, though I usually opt for colored lights I bought a pre lite tree last year and it has white lights, I am kind of diggind it...

Thanks for your comment, yes I would rather stitch a Buckeyes ornament but its a gift so Ill suck it up and know that the person receiving it will enjoy it :)

Take Care

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to post something like this on my website and this gave me an idea. Cheers..