Sunday, July 4, 2010

We'll Start with a Finish and go from there...

Up first is my finish...
Moosie by Twisted Threads, on a hand-dyed 14ct aida with recommended threads.

Remember when I told you I had plans for the weekend but, would not tell you what I what I was doing? Why? Because I am practicing what I preach. Ask Courtney! I keep telling her NOT to put on the Internet what your plans are. Talk about what you did - not what you are going to do.

So, this is what we did - we went to Salt Fork State Park and rented a cabin. I have been to SFSP since I was a kid and never have I stayed in a cabin - so, this was a first!

This is the view from "my" backyard ~

And Saturday morning DH caught me stitching outside enjoying the view ~

After we were all up and moving we decided to explore a bit and went to the Kennedy Stone House ~


A group decided to refurbish the house and have made a museum. I found the following stitchy items to be of interest and snapped a few pics I thought someone might enjoy seeing ~





Last night we built our last campfire and had smores - yummy - and watched the sun go down ~

Now, we are home and tired. But, there are fireworks some where tonight and we are thinking about going to go celebrate the holiday.

Hope this finds you all safe this weekend.

Smiles - Denise

4 comments:

Marnie said...

Gorgeous photos! Love the old sampler and sewing tools. Cute Moose too! My mouth was watering when you mentioned Smores, btw. Thanks for sharing!

Jane said...

How beautiful is that scenery and to be able to sit and stitch and enjoy it too - how jealous!
Love the little moosie, very cute xxx

Pumpkin said...

How fun and what a view! Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday weekend :o)

What a cute finish and perfect after your recent trip ;o)

Emily said...

Denise I LOVE the moose .. I've had such a hard time finding moose patterns that I like. It sounds like you had an amazing holiday weekend!! I love your photos!!